The Black Rock Fort and Lighthouse (Near New Brighton), Liverpool, 1828
Barrow was trained as an architectural draughtsman and specialised in topographical view of Liverpool. He exhibited regularly between 1828 and 1835 at the Liverpool Academy and in 1834 exhibited at the Royal Academy. Better known today as Fort Perch Rock, the Black Rock Fort was built at New Brighton in 1820, at the meeting of the Mersey and Liverpool Bay. It was intended to protect the Port of Liverpool. The Fort also operated as a lighthouse until Perch Rock Lighthouse was lit in 1830. Construction of the lighthouse as seen today began in 1827.