This shrine-shaped box was made for the internal organs, which were removed during mummification. On the lid the embalming god Anubis is shown as a jackal. On the sides, the four sons of Horus who guard the internal organs can be seen. On the front, Thoth and Re-Harakhti open the “double doors of the horizon”. Along the height of the box are two inscriptions for a man named Nesshutefnut, a priest of the god Horus, who was the son of Iyhor and Teni. On the back is painted a djed pillar, the symbol of Osiris, god of the dead, with a human head, and arms grasping the royal symbols of the crook and flail. The wrapped internal organs inside have now turned to a brown lumpy powder with fragments of bandages. There was originally a painted wooden figure of a hawk pegged on the lid but this is now missing.
In 1905, John Garstang and his assistant Harold Jones spent three months excavating the site of Hissaya, with an excavation team of 80 people. Hissaya was a burial place used in the Graeco-Roman Period, mainly by priests of Horus from the temple city of Edfu, which is 20 km to the north of the site. The tombs were badly preserved, and had already been excavated and looted when Garstang and Jones arrived. Among the objects they found there and now in World Museum was a Book of the Dead belonging to a man named Djedhor, and the intact burial of a priest of the god Horus called Nesshutefnut. Beside the head of the coffin of Nesshutefnut was a Ptah-Sokar-Osiris figure, a wooden stela and a canopic chest.