A white, Carrara marble mantelpiece with blue jasperware tablets. The relief decoration on the tablets was designed by John Flaxman (1755-1826) . Flaxman worked for Wedgwood from 1775. In the centre of the top jasper tablet is a large medallion with the head of Ceres surrounded by corn and ivy festoons. The corners have tablets depicting tripod vases. Each upright has a long tablet showing entwined ivy and a medallion. There are only five 18th century Wedgwood fireplaces still known to exist. Three of these are in the Lady Lever Art Gallery.