Roughly shaped clay ball of grey buff fabric, decorated with a circular hole and pattern of dots around it sunk into the surface. Like many others found during excavations at Tell el Amarna which contain human hair, but this seems too small to have a lock of hair inside. Found at the royal city of Tell el-Amarna (ancient Akhetaten) by archaeologists working for the Egypt Exploration Society, 1923-24. Excavated by the Egypt Exploration Society in 1923. Acquired by the EES in the division of finds. Donated to the East Anglia Egyptian Society by the EES in recognition of a contribution to the EES (excavation subscription). Donated to Norwich Castle Museum. Purchased from the collections of Norwich Castle Museum in 1956 by Liverpool City Museum (now World Museum).