Granite cosmetic palette with signs of use. Roughly shaped. Hard stone material suggests this is from an A Group burial. Objects like this were used with a pebble to grind minerals such as malachite to make eyepaint. Marked with the grave number 157 in pencil. From the 1897-1899 excavations at Hierakonpolis by James Quibell and Frederick Green, on behalf of W. M. Flinders Petrie's newly founded Egyptian Research Account.