Cosmetic Palette Amulet
Amulet in the form of a miniature sized cosmetic palette with two horns. Excavation not recorded but most likely from when Amy Urlin was part of an excavation team led by her brother-in-law, Professor Flinders Petrie, at Abydos, 1900-01. Lent by Amy Urlin to Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, 1912–1915, for an exhibition curated by Janet May Buchanan. The loan sticker is now missing but the registration number was : 39m –’12).