Large obsidian cosmetic vessel with small flat base, footed, shouldered, constricted neck and flat rim not as wide as the shoulders and which is chipped. The lid is in matching size of a greenish-black stone (serpentine?). On the record card is a note of a number written in ink on the base: "153?". Was acquired at the 1922 sale of Rev. William MacGregor's collection with two other kohl jars from the University of Liverpool excavations at Abydos (from tombs 516 A'08 and 416 A'07).