Demolition of St. James's Hall, Interior
This is a scene showing the demolition of St James's Hall in London. St James's Hall was concert hall designed by architect Owen Jones (1809 - 1874) which opened in 1858. It was demolished in 1905 to make another concert hall 'Queen's Hall', which could be more profitable. This print has a Campbell Dodgson plate number (CD196), as catalogued in 'Etchings and Dry Points by Muirhead Bone', 1909.