Design for the Royal Box, Sandon Cabaret, 1925
This is a design for a Royal Box at the 1925 Cabaret organised by the Sandon Studios Society. The group formed in 1905 after Applied Art and Design students from the University of Liverpool broke away to form their own independent art school. In 1907 they moved into the vacant Blue Coat School building as their base. This watercolour was made by George W. Harris (1978-1929), who was a member of the society. Harris specialised in costume and set design, but also frequently produced caricatures and cartoons which were included in pamplets produced by the group.