Egyptian alabaster earring. Has previously been recorded as the lid of a pot. Marked by the excavator in black ink 479. Find number 23/479: From Main City: area R44.1. Donated to the East Anglia Egyptian Society by the Egypt Exploration Society in return for their excavation subscription. Excavated by the Egypt Exploration Society in 1923. Acquired by the EES in the division of finds. Donated to the East Anglia Egyptian Society by the EES in recognition of a contribution to the EES (excavation subscription). Donated to Norwich Castle Museum. Purchased from the collections of Norwich Castle Museum in 1956 by Liverpool City Museum (now World Museum).