Finger Ring

M11998

On display

Silver alloy finger ring with oval bezel inscribed with hieroglyphs giving the name and title of the male owner bA-nb-Dd (Ranke p. 89, 12) Gatty translated it as the name of the god Mendes. There is a hand-copy of the inscription made by Professor Percy Newberry on the record card. Described in a 1931 exhibition as being electrum. For comparanda see Flinders Petrie, 'Scarabs and Cylinders With Names' (London, 1917), pl. LVIII.