Flint Axe card

Courtesy of National Museums Liverpool, World Museum

Flint Axe

56.20.12

Currently not on display

Flint bifacial axe. Collected by Professor Petrie at Naqada during the winter of 1894-5 for the Egyptian Research Account; Ex Norwich Castle Museum, inv. 54.04 (donated by Flaxman Spurrell, 1904). See 'The Flint Implements of Naqada' by F. C. J. Spurrell in Petrie and Quibell, 'Naqada and Ballas' (London, 1896) pp. 55-59.