Cocoons of plant feeding caterpillars or sawflies. Several individual coccons which have been telescoped together (Dr Ian Wallace, Dept of Zoology, May 1981). Prior to 1981 these were assumed to be seeds. Nine large parts and some tiny fragments. Dimensions are for the largest coccon. Assumed to be from Egypt Exploration Society 1924 -25 excavations at Amarna, House Q45.79, from small South West room in House C (however, Q45.79 cannot be found on Armarna object database), Excavated by the Egypt Exploration Society in 1925. Acquired by the EES in the division of finds. Donated to the East Anglia Egyptian Society by the EES in recognition of a contribution to the EES (excavation subscription). Donated to Norwich Castle Museum. Purchased from the collections of Norwich Castle Museum in 1956 by Liverpool City Museum (now World Museum).