Cylindrical vase with slight rim and vertical sides. Mended from many fragments in 2017 as old repairs from November 1977 have since failed. From the tomb of a courtier of King Djet of the 1st Dynasty, buried on the south side of the Djet grave rectangle. Marked by the excavator on the base in pencil 327. Presented by Flinders Petrie to the Wellcome Historical Medical Museum (no. 58251), September 1927. In the archives of the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, University College London, are the distribution lists of finds from the 1922 BSAE excavations of Petrie at Abydos and Oxyrhynchus. Some finds were retained by Petrie for teaching and research (in the archive file as 'UCL') and this jar will have been one of them.