Shouldered ovoid shaped jug with ring base. Marked on the base in ink : "44.12 Alexandria". Collected by a relative of Lady Alex Williams about 1890 from a cemetery that was discovered during the the building of a road near Alexandria. Note from previous curator, Mr Edmund Southworth, that the vessel may be a forgery; however, this is extremely unlikely. This is part of nine items that formed a second donation by Lady Allen Williams. Unfortunately the group was mixed up with her first donation and mostly seperated out in 1977 by Dr Dorothy Downes. CONDITION NOTE (1998): Pitted, surface dirt.