Flint knife, flake, bulb at tip of blade reduced on back. blunted back. Marked in ink 1347. Excavated by Professor Petrie at Naqada during the winter of 1894-5 for the Egyptian Research Account; Ex Norwich Castle Museum, inv. 54.04 (donated by Flaxman Spurrell, 1904). See 'The Flint Implements of Naqada' by F. C. J. Spurrell in Petrie and Quibell, 'Naqada and Ballas' (London, 1896) pp. 55-59.