Liverpool Town Hall card

Liverpool Town Hall

WAG 10858

Currently not on display

Information

Elaborately detailed, this watercolour show Liverpool Town Hall in all its architectural grandeur. The painting was engraved by William Woolnoth and published in "The Beauties of England and Wales" by John Britton and Edward W. Brayley, Vol. 9, Lancashire, 1807-8, p. 200, as "The Town Hall, N.E., Liverpool, Lancashire. The new dome of the Town Hall with its statue of Minerva had been completed in 1802, and the building still looks substantially the same today.