Medal commemorating the visit of Queen Mary and King George V to Bootle, July 11th, 1913

MMM.1990.6.6
This medal commemorates the visit of King George V and Queen Mary to Bootle on 11 July 1913 to open Gladstone Graving Dock. The obverse has profiles of the King and Queen, the reverse shows the crest of the Borough of Bootle. Over 100 ships, including Lusitania, were anchored in the River Mersey during the visit.