Wooden mdoel of a granary with square plan from the tomb of Antef. A doorway painted reddish brown gives access to a walled courtyard that is peaked at the corners. Along the back wall are four flat roofed silos which are painted with sliding doors. Access to the roof is via stairs on the left side. There are four holes in the roof through which grain was introduced into the silos. A seated scribe sits on the roof with a reed pen in his right hand and a scribal palette in his left hand. On a writing board he records the amounts of grain being stored or issued. A man climbs the stairs carrying a sack of grain. From the cemetery below the Middle Kingdom rock-cut tombs at Beni Hasan excavated by Professor John Garstang for the Liverpool Institute of Archaeology, 1904-1906: the intact rock-cut shaft tomb of Antef (tomb no. 1). The object was on loan to the museum from the University of Liverpool 1936 - 2000.