Reddish-brown pottery mould used for the manufacture of small faience amulets in the shape of a a seated cat. White paste is still visble in mould cavity. Irregular flat back to mould. Many hundreds of moulds have been collected from New Kingdom urban sites such as Gurob, Tell el-Amarna and Qantir. The exact provenance of this amulet is not known. It was collected by Rev. Greville John Chester and sold to Norwich Castle Museum in 1870.