Mummy label with nine lines of a Coptic inscription in black ink on one side. Pierced at the top. During the Roman Period (30 BC – AD 395) inscribed wooden labels were attached to the mummies to identify the dead person. Collected by William Frankland Hood on one of his trips to Egypt between 1851 - 1861. Part of a small group of objects from the William Hood collection, found at Nettleham Hall in a box after the sale of his collection at Sotheby's 11 November 1924. Purchased by Norwich Castle Museum (127.940) and then entered Liverpool's collection in 1956.