Pavement card

Pavement

1973.1.506a

Currently not on display

Information

Restored panel of about 23 fragments of painted plaster pavement depicting papyrus plants set together using plaster of Paris on a fibre glass backing. This is made up of a clump of turquoise-green papyrus next to a clump of blue papyrus. The object is from an unknown location in the Water Court of the Maru-Aten building, south of the city of Tell el-Amarna. Excavated from the Maru-aten by the Egypt Exploration Society under the directorship of C. L. Wooley in 1921.