R R Douglas Limited, merchants and importers, Liverpool.
From the Guide to the Collections of the Merseyside Maritime Museum, volume 2: R.R. Douglas Ltd. were merchants and importers, and the documents and papers rescued cover the dates 1923-1965. Their offices for much of this time were at 11 Dale Street. Among the commodities handled were beeswax, coffee, palm oil, spices and limestone. These archives were rescued from their offices in the old Liverpool Stock Exchange in 1975, just before it was demolished. Records: Ledgers, 1927-1936. Correspondence including insurance and claims, 1931-1944. Bills of lading, 1940-1947. Cargo correspondence including claims, 1936-1939. General correspondence, 1923-1946. For further details see the attached catalogue or contact The Archives Centre for a copy of the catalogue.