Circular glazed faience tile in the form of a rosette. Blue roundel with eight white petals and applied yellow boss in the centre. From the walls and columns of a palace. Brugsch-Bey's 1870's excavations revealed a chamber lined with faience tiles from the time of Ramesses III. For more context see, Dieter Arnold, ‘The encyclopaedia of ancient Egyptian architecture’ (London, 2003), pp. 20-1.