Glazed white steatite scarab seal decorated on one side with details of the wings, head and legs. The other side is decorated with a scarab surmounted by the twin feathers with a border of concentric circles. It is pierced through the length for suspension. Chipped in several places, particularly around the base. Given to the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire by T. Purland, Esq. on 8 December 1849.