Sculpture Inlay



Fragment of a faience moulded blue crown, from a composite statue. Marked by the excavator 170 E. Excavation number 34/170: From the Central City, State Apartments: the Broad Hall. From the south end to the beginning of the central pavilion. Excavated by the Egypt Exploration Society in 1934. Acquired by the EES in the division of finds. Donated to the East Anglia Egyptian Society by the EES in recognition of a contribution to the EES (excavation subscription). Donated to Norwich Castle Museum. Purchased from the collections of Norwich Castle Museum in 1956 by Liverpool City Museum (now World Museum).