Sculpture of a Reclining Couple
Carving of a reclining couple, originally coated with plaster and painted. Exhibited in Burlington House, London, in July 1912. Was was on loan to the museum from Professor John Garstang and in 1941 destroyed when the museum was bombed. Destroyed in the Second World War Two. Assigned an accession number in 1949 (previously known by the loan number GN 5).