Seamen and Boatmen’s Friend Society, North West District, annual reports.
The north-western district of the Seamen and Boatmen’s Friend Society was established in 1846. The Society originally had its premises at the Flatmen’s Bethel, Mann Island, Liverpool, and later moved to Park Lane. It also had a branch at Seacombe. It was an interdenominational society, promoting the social, moral and religious welfare of the seamen, especially flatmen, fishermen and canalmen. See attached list.