Seddon model 5L flat bed wagon
This Seddon flat bed lorry, built in 1949, was used around Liverpool docks by A..E. Smith Coggins, Stevedores, Liverpool. When the stevedoring work was taken over by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company they sold this lorry to National Museums Liverpool. It is an early example of a Seddon diesel-powered lorry in the middle weight range as used throughout the country, and on Liverpool docks in particular. Manufactured by Seddon Diesel Vehicles Ltd, Oldham, Lancashire. Registration LTU819. Registration Number LTU 819, with Perkins P6 diesel engine and David Brown 5-speed gearbox. Painted in the livery of A. E. Smith Coggins.