Shabti of Ankh–es–en–iset
Mummiform shabti made of turquoise-blue glazed faience, wearing a plain tripartite wig with a seshed headband tied at the back added in black. The arms are crossed on the chest, and the hands hold a pair of hoes added in black paint. A diamond–hatched trapezoidal basket with shoulder straps is painted on the back. The face is rudimentarily modelled, and has eyes with brows added in black. A vertical column of inscription on the front names the owner as Ankh–es–en–Iset. The catalogue card states that the faience is chipped on the base and the back of the head. Transliteration and translation of the inscription: Wsir nb.t-pr Sma.yt n Imn anx.s-n-As.t mAa.t-xrw, “The Osiris, the Lady of the House, the Chantress of Amun, Ankh–es–en–Iset, justified”. From the Egyptian Research Account 1900 excavations at Abydos, North Cemeteries: Cemetery E. The Gilstrap collection was formed by Miss Gilstrap, who contributed funds to the British School of Archaeology in Egypt between 1900 and 1910. She was given a share of the excavated finds in return for the funding she provided.