Shabti of Pet-osiris
Mummiform shabti wearing a plain tripartite wig, and a plain divine beard. Note that the arms are held left above right on the chest. The left hand holds a pick, and the right a hoe modelled in relief. The blade of the pick, in particular, has a distinctive curve. The right hand also holds the cord of a basket that is carried behind the left shoulder. The face is quite small and the details are rudimentarily modelled. The legs are faintly shaped in the modelling. The shabti has a dorsal pillar, and stands upon a trapezoidal base. The figure has a lustrous brilliant blue glaze. Although without inscription, this shabti is undoubtedly for Pet-Osiris, son of Djed-Hor, the owner of Tomb G 50 in Cemetery G at Abydos excavated by Petrie in 1902. Presented to the Wellcome Historical Medical Museum (no. 58310) in September 1927 by Prof. Flinders Petrie.