Shabti of Petosiris
Mummiform shabti wearing a plain tripartite wig, and a plain divine beard. Note that the arms are held left above right on the chest. The left hand holds a pick, and the right a hoe modelled in relief. The blade of the pick, in particular, has a distinctive curve. The right hand also holds the cord of a basket that is carried behind the left shoulder. The face is quite small and the details are rudimentarily modelled. The legs are faintly shaped in the modelling. The shabti has a dorsal pillar, and stands upon a trapezoidal base. The figure has a lustrous brilliant blue glaze. Although without inscription, this shabti is undoubtedly for Pet-Osiris, son of Djed-Hor, the owner of Tomb G 50 in Cemetery G at Abydos excavated by Petrie in 1902. Excavated by the Egypt Exploration Fund at Abydos, during the 1901-1902 season. Glenn Janes provided the following information: “This group are from Abydos, Cemetery G (Tomb G50) - the tomb of Djed-Hor, although these particular shabtis are for Pet-Osiris, son of Djed-Hor, who was buried in the same tomb, also with his mother Nebta-ihyt. Pet-Osiris had 266 uninscribed shabtis, 83 with purple heads (bi-chrome glazed) and 36 inscribed”. Presented to the Wellcome Historical Medical Museum (accession no. 58310) in September 1927 by Prof. Flinders Petrie.