St. Luke's Church, Liverpool, 1828 card

St. Luke's Church, Liverpool, 1828

WAG 1550

Currently not on display

Information

Known locally as the 'Bombed-Out Church', the foundation of St Luke's was laid in 1811. Situated on the corner of Leece Street and Berry Street in Liverpool, the church was damaged in a 1941 air raid. Made in 1828, this watercolour shows the church soon after its contruction.