St Mary's Church, Birkenhead
Pupil of the successful Birmingham drawing master and landscape artist Samuel Lines (1778 - 1863), Hunt moved to Liverpool where he was listed as a print seller, framemaker and artists' repository in Bold Street from 1818 to 1843. He opened a successful drawing academy and exhibited at the Liverpool Academy from 1822 where he became a member in 1850. Hunt made numerous sketching trips to Wales, Ireland and the Lake District. He specialised in oil paint but also produced many watercolours. St Mary's in Birkenhead was built in the Priory grounds and opened in 1822. By the 1970s the congregation had shrunk and the church was in need of repair. Most of it was demolished in 1975, but local people fought for the tower and spire to be preserved.