Storeton Quarry

WAG 1070


This watercolour was selected for the third 'Recording Merseyside' exhibition at the Bluecoat Chambers, Liverpool, an exhibition that recorded areas of Merseyside after WWII. Storeton Quarry existed from Roman times until just after the World War II. The stone was used for many local buildings until the quarries were filled in after WWII with rubble from the blitz and the Mersey road tunnel excavations.