Taweret Pendants

31.197

On display

String of faience Taweret pendants and ball shaped beads. One of the Taweret pendants is made of a pale blue glass. Rethreaded from a group excavated by the Egypt Exploration Society at Tell el-Amarna and given to the museum in 1931 via Dr Robert Mond, as a momento of an exhibition organised by the Egypt Exploration Society in the autumn of 1930, in which the museum helped by loaning some jewellery. Locus marks are written on back of two amulets: one is TA 26/7 550 and on another TA 30-1 463.