Town Hall, Liverpool, 1828 card

Town Hall, Liverpool, 1828

WAG 1543

Currently not on display

Information

The building of Liverpool Town Hall began in 1749 and was completed in 1754. The hall was designed by John Wood and was extended by John Foster Senior, supervised by James Wyatt, from 1785. It is now a Grade 1 listed building and is considered a fine example of Georgian architecture.