Two-handled vessel, handmade. Marked 44.12 Alexandria. Collected by a relative of Lady Allen-Williams about 1890 from a cemetery that was discovered during the the building of a road near Alexandria. There is a a note from previous curator, Mr E. Southworth, that the vessel may be a forgery, however, this is highly unlikely. This is part of nine items that formed a second donation by Lady Allen-Williams. Unfortunately the group was mixed up with her first donation and mostly seperated out in 1977 by previous curator Dr D. Downes.