Cast of a votive plaque of King Tanyidamani found by John Garstang within the Temple of Apedemak, Meroë, 1909/10. Original object is carved from dark red siltstone (177 x 88 mm) and is now within the collections of the Walters art Museum , Baltimore, USA (no. 22.258a-b)
Both sides of the double-sided plaque have been reproduced on one panel (perhaps how it was originally mounted when in the MacGregor collection - the plaque at some point split longitudinally but is now rejoined). One corner is broken off and mended. Marked on the back with John Garstang's collection number GN 117 and the trademark of the manufacturer 'NEOS'.