Wingrove & Rogers Ltd, electrical engineers
Wingrove & Rogers Ltd. was founded in 1919, as electrical engineers producing control gear for another local firm, British Electric Vehicles Ltd., of Southport, who manufactured electric industrial trucks and mining locomotives. In the early 1920s with the advent of broadcasting, the firm made coils for radio equipment. In 1924 they moved to premises in Old Swan, Liverpool, and made a wide range of electro-mechanical devices. In 1926 British Electric Vehicles Ltd. was acquired, transferred to Liverpool and became known as the BEV division. The firm continued producing fork lift trucks and electric vehicles until the 1980s when it ceased trading. For further details see the attached catalogue.