Win a poster signed by Yoko Ono
Photo by Keith McMillan © Yoko Ono
On 9 November 1966 Yoko and John met for the first time at her Unfinished Paintings and Objects exhibition at the Indica Gallery in London. It was a pivotal moment in both their lives.
There was this ladder and a thing on the ceiling. So I climbed the ladder and on the ceiling it said ‘yes’... I agreed then. If it had said ‘no’ I would have carried on with my preconceived ideas about art."
John talking about Yoko’s Yes Ceiling Painting, 1968
To mark the anniversary of this occasion, we are giving you the chance to win a signed poster by Yoko Ono. Yoko signed the poster when she opened the Double Fantasy - John & Yoko exhibition earlier this year.
To be in with a chance of winning please complete the entry form below. The winner will be chosen at random.
Please read our terms and conditions before entering.
The closing date for entries is midnight on Monday 10 December 2018.
You must be resident in the UK to enter this competition and the prize will be sent to a location within the UK only. We will only accept one entry per person.
Competition terms and conditions
For National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside (operating as National Museums Liverpool )
- Closing date for entry will be midnight on Monday 10 December 2018.
- There is no entry fee, and no purchase necessary, to enter this competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions and agreement to be bound by them.
- The competition is open to persons of any age. National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside (operating as National Museums Liverpool ) assumes that by entering into the competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the competition, and these rules.
- Employees of National Museums Liverpool, or their family members or partners (or anyone else connected in any way with the competition) shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition, and the prize for each winner, are as follows: Anyone who completes the online entry form on the Museum of Liverpool’s website will be entered into a prize draw for a poster signed by Yoko Ono (all areas of the form must be completed). All entrants must be a UK resident and the prize will only be sent to a location within the UK. There will be one winner and we will only accept one entry per person.
- National Museums Liverpool reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, and these terms and conditions, without notice, in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil, or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation, or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- National Museums Liverpool is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value, without giving notice
- Winners will be chosen: at random from all entries received and verified by National Museums Liverpool.The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted, or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner, and pick a replacement winner.
- National Museums Liverpool will notify the winner of when and where the prize can be collected.
- National Museums Liverpool’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition, and these terms and conditions, will be governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation, and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Competitions, Marketing and Communications, National Museums Liverpool, 127 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2JH
National Museums Liverpool (NML) is a data controller registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. If you have any questions about how your data is being used or what data of yours we store, or if you would like to unsubscribe from NML communications at any time or update your preferences, contact the Database Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your data according to the instructions you gave to us at the time of collection of the data and for no other purpose. You can read our full Data Protection Policy on our website.