Schools and groups
© Pete Carr
The Museum of Liverpool offers a wide range of educational opportunities, making it an ideal place to engage learners of all ages from formal education and community groups.
Booking a group visit
- If you are planning a school or college group visit please ring our booking team on 0151 478 4788 or email us using this form to enquire about making a booking.
- If you want to visit as part of an adult or community group or coach trip, please complete an adult group bookings form to book your visit.
- If you would like catering for your group, please email WaterfrontCafe@liverpoolmuseums.org.uk
Education sessions are free of charge and usually link to the national curriculum through our collections and displays. Many sessions are led by a member of our team, while some are self-led. Booking well in advance is advised.
Popular topics include local history, the influence of the River Mersey, the 1960s, and the city's iconic buildings. It's also a great place to examine Victorian Liverpool and court housing. Younger groups can pre-book the hands-on children's gallery Little Liverpool.
Details of the sessions available for groups, from early years to key stage 3, are on the education sessions page.
Preparing for your visit - some useful resources
We strongly advise that all teachers and accompanying adults visiting the gallery with a group read the guidance notes on the resources page. This will give you all the practical information you need to ensure that you have an enjoyable and productive visit, including sample risk assessments.
You will also find lots of useful pdfs and images for teachers and group leaders to download for use in the museum, and use in the classroom afterwards.
Introductory sessions for teachers
If you are interested in bringing a group to the Museum of Liverpool, we run introductory sessions for teachers. Sessions include:
- A walk through the museum.
- Essential preparation for a group visit, from coach parking to lunch facilities and risk assessments.
- Introduction to key objects and interactives for each key stage.
- An introduction to the menu of museum staff led sessions that are on offer.
For more information or to find out the date of the next session please ring 0151 478 4543.