Liverpool Overhead Railway Inspector's pocket watch
Harry Williams started work on the Liverpool Overhead Railway in 1920 and eventually become District Inspector. He was offered the house that went with the job in Park Road but declined as his family did not want to move.
When the railway closed in 1956 the company management arranged a job for Harry at Mackies Brewery in Birkenhead, where he remained until his retirement in 1966.
This watch, which has 'L.O.RY 29' inscribed on the reverse, was used by Harry during his career and the photograph shows him in his District Inspector’s uniform.
Accession number MOL.2010.6.18