Also in this section…?
- 'A Bacchante', Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema
- 'The Evening Star', Henry William Banks Davis
- 'Evening: The West still glimmers with some streaks of day', Thomas Creswick
- 'Her eyes are with her heart', Phillip Hermogenes Calderon
- 'The Finding of the Saviour in the Temple', William Holman Hunt
- Video: the Holt family maid
- Drawing room
- 'Love's Palace', John Melhuish Strudwick
- 'St Cecilia', John Melhuish Strudwick
- 'Study', Frederic Lord Leighton
- 'The Two Mothers', Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 'A Venetian Flower Girl', Samuel Luke Fildes
- 'Weaving the Wreath', Frederic Lord Leighton
- 'What is it?', Henry Stacy Marks
This was the Holts’ best room. The fireplace and the pictures are still here, but everything else has changed since their time.
The Holts’ furniture has gone, but we have put in some Victorian furniture to give this corner of the room a similar look. The wallpaper now in the room probably dates from George Holt’s time.