Also in this section…?
- 'Card Players', Luigi Zuccoli
- 'Dog with slipper', Sir Edwin Landseer
- 'Fair at Fougères, Brittany', Frederick Goodall
- 'Free From Care', Thomas Faed
- 'A Girl with her Dog', British School
- 'A Girl with a Basket of Apples', Hugues Merle
- 'Give Us This Day our Daily Bread', James Clarke Hook
- First floor
- 'Market Day', George Bernard O'Neill
- 'Red and Blue Macaw', Henry Stacey Marks
- 'Sheep and Lambs', Rosa Bonheur
- 'The Village Pastor', William Powell Frith
'Red and Blue Macaw', Henry Stacey Marks
Marks rose to prominence with historical scenes but became best known for his colourful paintings of birds. He had a knack of capturing their character and humour with uncanny accuracy.
The decorative quality of the composition, with its carefully positioned foliage reflects the contemporary fascination with Japanese art.
Medium and Support: Oil on canvas
Accession No: WAG 266