Also in this section…?
- 'The Castalian Spring', Thomas Creswick
- 'The Cow at the Watering Place', Jean Baptiste Camille Corot
- Morning room
- 'Lago Maggiore', James Baker Pyne
- 'Lake Scene', Sir Edwin Landseer
- 'Landscape, Hampstead', John Everett Millais
- 'Morning', Thomas Creswick
- Video: Mrs Holt
- 'Ploughing Scene, Morning', Auguste Bonheur
- 'Poor Travellers at the Door of a Capuchin Convent', William Collins
- 'The return from the mill', Rosa Bonheur
- 'The Ruins of the Château d'Apchon', Auguste Bonheur
- 'Sonning Weir', Keeley Halswelle
- 'The Valley of the Thames', Keeley Halswelle
- 'Waterfall beneath a High Bridge', Thomas Creswick
- 'The Windmill', Thomas Creswick
Emma Holt used this as her office after her father died in 1896. From here she helped to run Liverpool University, an area of the District Nursing Association, and many other health charities.
In those days there was no National Health Service. There was much poverty in Liverpool, and Emma had been brought up to believe that it was the family’s responsibility to use its wealth for the good of the community.