On 10 February the Museum of Liverpool will begin its celebrations for Chinese New Year with a special day of free events organised with Liverpool's Confucius Institute. There will be lion dancing, martial arts, Chinese traditional music and dancing. The performances will be from 1pm to 3pm. There will also be a Chinese Calligraphy workshop from 12noon to 4pm. Please come and share the day with us. Peng, from the Confucius Institute tells us more about the Institute and the work they do - "Established on October 2009, the Confucius Institute is a collaboration between the University of Liverpool and Xi’an Jiaotong University in China. It aims to provide a focal point for all China-related activity in Liverpool and Merseyside. Working closely with schools, local businesses, community groups, the Confucius Institute promotes Chinese language and culture with a variety of activities:
- Accredited & non-accredited language classes for general public.
- Chinese cultural activities including calligraphy workshops, dance performances etc.
- Free public lectures on a variety of fascinating topics.
- Chinese New Year celebrations.
- Free activities for World Museum's China’s First Emperor and the Terracotta Warriors exhibition.