Two new themes, Love and Relationships
and Sex and Eroticism
(what everyone’s been waiting for!) have now been launched as part of our Pride and Prejudice
We have discovered some fascinating objects in our collections which tell a range of stories and histories. Some of my highlights featured are –
- Shaun Duggan talking very powerfully about his experiences of growing up gay in Norris Green in the 1980s
- An engraved bracelet revealing an early teenage relationship in the 1960s
- A beautiful painting of actress Diana Wynyard
- Booklet, ‘Sex in Marriage’, which demonstrates that despite the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality in England and Wales in 1967, homosexuality remained very much a taboo subject.
- A bottle of poppers representing a tale of reunited teenage sweethearts
- Photograph of Frankie Goes to Hollywood in leather gear
- And a tin of Huntley and Palmers biscuits……..
You can also get involved and let us know what you think of the project so far at an informal consultancy event
at the Museum of Liverpool
, 10 December.
Frankie Goes to Hollywood by John Stoddart