© Phil Whitby Congratulations, you're engaged! After the celebrations with family and friends have subsided you are now starting to realise the enormity of planning the perfect day for you and your other half. Here is Jenna, our wedding co-ordinator, with some top tips for making sure you have everything covered for a perfect wedding.
- The venue - It's where you and your guests spend the largest portion of your special day. Look out for open days in your area, for the chance to see the venue dressed so you can visualise your wedding there. Our open day is on Saturday 7 February at the Maritime Dining Room. Select a venue that reflects your wedding style and offers the perfect backdrop for your photography. With the iconic Liverpool waterfront, the 'Three Graces' and the unique charm of the historic buildings at the Albert Dock, the Merseyside Maritime Museum is in an ideal location for great photographs.
- The menu - Your menu should reflect the food you and your partner love while considering the needs of your guests. Don't forget to ask for guest dietary requirements so there are no surprises. Our talented team and award winning head chef are experts at this and can suggest options to create a delicious menu to suit your taste. Don't worry about too much choice, we offer food tasting to help you decide.
- Dressing the venue - Putting your personal style into your wedding venue is a great way to personalise your day. Collect ideas from magazines, other events, online sources or suggestions from your family and friends. Let your imagination flow and choose a style that that represents you both perfectly. Sourcing the items to bring this to life isn't always easy, but we can help make this easier with our list of recommended suppliers.
- Investigate 'no go' dates - Big events like the World Cup should not affect your big day. Ideally you don't want your guests huddled around a TV or mobile phone watching the game when the best man's speech is happening! Check out key events taking place that you may want to avoid including sporting events or festivals that could be a problem.
- Make your rules and stick to them - How many guests are you planning to invite? Do you have a number you wouldn't want to exceed? If partners are invited does that mean your single friends should have a plus one? Ensure you and your partner are both on the same page with your wedding plans to make booking things easier. Our wedding co-ordinators have a wealth of experience and are more than happy to advise on the finer details.
- Don't be afraid to ask - It's your day and no question is wrong. We have a dedicated team and are more than happy to share ideas and offer suggestions. We are passionate about making your day special too. If you want to find out about what we offer visit us on Saturday 7 February at our open day or contact the team direct on 0151 478 4780, email@example.com