Our venues
Our museums and galleries

Frequently asked questions about weddings

Where can I host my civil ceremony?  
We hold a civil ceremony license for our Merseyside Maritime Museum fourth floor including our Maritime Dining Rooms and Dockside gallery. You will need to contact Liverpool Registry office on 0151 225 5706 to arrange your ceremony. Whilst we don’t currently hold licenses for our other venues you can hold your wedding reception in any of our other museums and galleries.

Can I bring in my own venue dresser? 
Bridal parties are more than welcome to bring in their own venue dressers or we can provide contact details for our preferred suppliers. 

Can I bring in my own entertainment? 
This is fine as long as their equipment is PAT tested and they have public liability insurance or we can provide contact details for our preferred suppliers

Can I have confetti? 
Need to confirm this stillYes, as long as its bio degradable

Can I have candles? 
Unfortunately this is not allowed due to the nature of the collections heldwithin the museums

Can I supply my own food or use my own caterers? 
The only food which can be supplied by the Bridal Party is the wedding cake.  Due to food hygiene and health and safety reasons catering provided is to be from our in-house team of chefs.